Financial Assistance

The gift of defensible space and hardened homes!

Neighbors, family, and friends should help one another create and maintain defensible space, evacuation routes, and hardened homes. If you cannot physically participate in the creating and maintaining of these fire preparations, then offering cookies, lemonade, and other support is always welcome.

Oroville Office
150-D Chuck Yeager Way, Oroville, CA 95965
(530) 534-0112

Auburn Office
11661 Blocker Dr, Suite 120, Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 217-6262

Natural Resources Conservation Services Environmental Quality Improvement Program (NRCS EQIP): A federal agency that will advise and cost-share vegetation and land management outside of 100 ft regulated defensible space areas.

Yuba City Service Center
1521 Butte House Rd Suite A
Yuba City, CA 95993-2235
(530) 671-0850
(844) 206-7028 fax

Oroville Service Center
150 Chuck Yeager Way
Oroville, CA 95965-9215
(530) 534-0112
(844) 206-7014 fax

Auburn Service Center
11661 Blocker Drive, Suite 115
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 217-6263

Cal Fire Forest Improvement Program: State agency that will cost-share vegetation management outside of 100 ft regulated defensible space area. Contact the local Cal Fire unit at (530) 265-4589 for more information.

National Fire Protection Association has a $500 neighborhood grant for National Wildfire Community Preparedness Day, which is the first Saturday in May. Winning proposals often focus on a combination of structure and evacuation route protection, include volunteer hours and may include local financial contributions or in-kind services.